Anna's Reviews > Hearts of Darkness

Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, reviews, urban-fantasy
Read in July, 2012

Kayla Friday has flown to Seattle, to ID the body of her sister. Being a nurse she knows most certainly that her sister didn't die of a drug overdose and is bound to find out what happened. Werewolf, Hart is on a mission to find the rest of his soul and what he needs he believes is in the the hands of Kayla.

Great read! The beginning was a bit slow for me, but it eventually picked up. I loved all the different mythologies this book included. Kayla & Hart's journey wasn't an easy one, but I loved it all the same. I'm a sucker for HEA and this story had a great ending. The story reminded me a little of Moning's Fever series, which makes me think this book will definitely appeal to Fever fans. Especially considering our hero Hart, is one sexy werewolf. This is Kira Brady's debut novel and she has done a smashing job with world building. Set in an alternate Seattle.... while I've read a lot of books set in Seattle, stepping into Brady's Seattle felt gritty and dark, but also new and fresh at the same time.

Hearts of Darkness is an engrossing read, filled with shifters, ghosts and magic. A story that both paranormal romance and urban fantasy readers will want to devour.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts of Darkness.