Jess's Reviews > Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Nov 05, 08

bookshelves: fiction
Read in November, 2008

I think that this book was amazing. It was written in the point of view of different people, but one of the main characters was a little boy who was dealing with the death of his father (who died in 9/11). It was really heartbreaking to read as this boy found a key in his father's room one day and went out to figure out what it meant, and the book continues along to discover all of these interesting people.

There is an interesting relationship with the boy and his mother, where each sort of believe that maybe they wish the other had died instead of the father. but obviously they love eachother and they just are in pain and are trying to deal with that.

then there is a strange relationship between the grandmother and grandfather. (this was a tad bit confusing to understand, but it still made me a little teary eyed towards the end of the book).

Overall, I would recommend it to anyone. But keep in mind that by the last few pages of the book, I was downright sobbing. Still an amazing story about coping and love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

11/02/2008 page 25
11/03/2008 page 96
29.45% "this is such a quirky book and I am completely enthralled by it. I can't seem to stop reading."