Widad Hussein's Reviews > My Kindergarten

My Kindergarten by Rosemary Wells

F_50x66
Jul 04, 12

My Kindergarten is a book for the kindergartners as one would assume.I couldn't find the lexile level but it is definitely for the young age who has just begun kindergarten The main characters are Miss Cribbage and her students in Kindergarten. The point of view is through the reader and it takes place in school. This book is collection of poems, short stories, and various activities that a student would read about through the year. It goes through all the 12 months so each month is relatable in its own way. It also goes through the different components that one would teach such as language arts, science, and social studies.

The main ideas I would say is learning and being creative when you learn new concepts. I would recommend this book but definitely not in one sitting. It was actually rather long and at one point, I got tired reading it. But it would be nice to use it throughout the whole school year. The book was okay in general. I liked that it covered a lot of things but for this age level, I think it could have been condensed somehow. Kids usually have a short attention span so this can be a bit boring for them.

It's a good book to introduce different themes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Kindergarten.