Jill's Reviews > Implosion: Can America Recover from Its Economic and Spiritual Challenges in Time?

Implosion by Joel C. Rosenberg

Jul 06, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Are we doomed? Can we recover? Does God still have His hand of protection over us or has He removed it? Can we receive God’s favor again? Many are asking these same questions and there is a growing anxiety among Christians who believe that the United States is about to implode and nothing we can do will stop it.

Joel C. Rosenberg, in his newest book “Implosion”, deals with these questions and provides the best answers God has given him to help us find the right track and stay on it. Rosenberg doesn’t make any guarantees. He only provides the answers that he believes God has given to him.

With rising gas and food prices, high unemployment and a devastating economy, it’s easy to become anxious about the future of our country. Though some fail to admit it, the United States was founded on Christian principles. However, over the past 200 years, we, as a people, have become divided in our beliefs, turned away from the sovereignty of God and led our lives by our own values rather than the ones God laid down for us. It’s easy to see why God would choose to throw His hands up and walk away.

In “Implosion”, Rosenberg outlines four scenarios as to how America will meet its final days: financial implosion, war and terrorism, natural disaster, or rapture. In each scenario, he outlines what America must do to possibly change or delay the outcome. He has often stated that because the United States is not mentioned in the Bible, there is reason to believe that we will not exist, at least not as the United States. He bases this on the fact that other nations are specifically mentioned in the Bible whereas the United States is not. He does mention several theologians that have different points of view but says their arguments are not credible because the United States is never directly or specifically mentioned in the Bible.

Whether or not you choose to believe Rosenberg, America is in a crisis and only a great awakening has the capacity to save us. We must turn our eyes towards God and accept Jesus as our Savior and ultimate authority. “Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God.” (Psalm 146:5).

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale House, as part of their Book Review Blogger Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Implosion.

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Resch-hodgman I agree with everything you say,Jill.The insight that God has given Joel Rosenberg is, I believe the answer to what ails the USA. BUT, I'm not sure that the people who need to hear it will even read this-unless God has mercy and their hardened hearts will be softened to hear Him.