Chrissychris14's Reviews > Freak Show

Freak Show by James St. James

Jul 04, 12

I could give a lengthy review. I could talk all about the fabulous misunderstood Billy Bloom who has been kicked out of his Connecticut home with his beloved mother and forced to take residence with his homophobic dad in the even more homophobic state of Florida. I could say that poor gay drag queen Billy is abused violently and harassed daily by his peers. I could tell you about how he gets beaten into a coma, rescued by the sex god that is Flip Kelly, and goes on to fall in love with Flip while on the surface just maintaining a friendship with him. I could describe the anguish Billy goes through when Flip ends their friendship because he knows Billy is crushing on him. I could state that Billy then decides to run for homecoming queen and in the process gains the support and respect of many of his classmates and even makes friends with some equally fabulous people. I could tell you how Flip throws away everything even his football champion status to be with Billy in the end. I could tell you and I guess I have anyways, but you still need to read this book. Read it and emerge yourself in the glorious freak show that is Billy's life. You'll laugh you will cry you will shake your fist in anger and disbelief. But you will absolutely love this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freak Show.