Kyle's Reviews > Lioness Rampant

Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce

Jul 04, 2012

bookshelves: family-reads
Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Of course, once I got started on this series (you know, to read along with my daughter, not for my own reading pleasure, well, maybe for my own reading pleasure too) I knew I'd end up reading the whole thing. I just finished this last book yesterday and it was definitely a lot of fun. The plot gets very twisty and maybe a little contrived before it resolves but if you are a fan of numerous plot lines all coming together at the end, you'll be satisfied with how this series is resolved.

I will say that my 8 year old also finished this one yesterday and when we talked about it, she got very upset that [SPOILER ALERT] the cat, Faithful dies. In fact, she went on for some time about why authors have to kill off characters, especially animal ones. For some silly reason I tried to defend the author for a few minutes but realized that wasn't helping matters at all so I closed my mouth. You never know what part of a book different people (and children) might find upsetting and this series definitely does have a bit of death in it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series and would have loved, loved it as a pre-teen or teen. I'm actually thinking of recommending to my sister! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lioness Rampant.

message 1: by JG (new) - rated it 5 stars

JG oh my gosh i know the feeling! i hate it when Faithfull died!! i was like crying my eyes out and then when i think the story can't get any sadder Liam dies! i mean come on!!!! at least keep the Cat!!! i will really really miss him!!!