Suey's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Dec 30, 08

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

Loved this book. Very intense, emotional, gripping and thought provoking. It's another one of those wonderful dystopian YA novels about how life could be in the future. For a more detailed review, click
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Claudine I really liked this book...although I do have to say I was disappointed that it is the first of a series. I'm not sure I would have read it now if I would have known this ahead of time. Very interesting!

Suey Would you not have read it because you don't do series, or because you do them after they are all out?

Series, or not, I'm really looking forward to the next one. In Sept. I think.

Claudine I would have waited until there was at least one other out. I'm weird that way! At the very least, I wish I would have known going into it that it was Book One. I guess I should have looked into it a bit more. But I did love it! I'm even making Doug get the book on CD so he can listen to it while he drives. It's dumb, but I think I would have given it 5 stars if I had known it was a series and wasn't so surprised. I know, I know, I shouldn't rate a book on that, but I couldn't help it.

Suey You should have read my blog review beforehand! I tell all about my reaction to finding out it's "to be continued" at the end. It made me crazy!