Teena in Toronto's Reviews > Sima's Undergarments for Women

Jul 04, 12

liked it
bookshelves: canadian
Read in June, 2010

Sima doesn't have much of a life other than serving her customers (she can tell you want your bra size is just by looking at you!), yelling at her retirement husband and hanging out occasionally with her childhood pal, Connie.

Alas, it is her own fault.

She carries the bitterness of not being able to have children and has let it control her live.

There is a saying that applies here ... people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Timna definitely enters Sima's life for a reason and gives her something/someone to care about (too much at times).

I must admit that I found the first couple of chapters hard to get into, mainly because there are a lot of Jewish references that I didn't understand (I'm not Jewish). But I'm glad I stuck with it. Sima doesn't come across as a very nice person but I was cheering for her.

In addition, though the book is set in New York, Nova Scotia (the province where I was born) plays a special part in this book. Yay!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sima's Undergarments for Women.