Heather's Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

May 12, 09

bookshelves: teen-lit-and-i-love-it
Read in May, 2009

By now I'm sure you're all aware that I have an unhealthy obsession with teen lit. It's books like this that just make it worse.

I loved this book. Okay, I think I should say I LOVED THIS BOOK. That's better. This was so fun. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the action was fantastic without being graphic. It was sad at times as people die in the fight against evil. There are many funny moments though where I caught myself laughing out loud. There are great heroes or rather good people trying to do what's right even though they aren't perfect. Friendship and trust were major themes in this book which I'd like to see in more teen lit.

This book finishes the series in that it ties up most of the loose ends. But he leaves it wide open for another series which I wouldn't mind at all. I can't decide though if I want to see these same characters whom I love dearly in another series or if I'd like to see them get older and have families and be happy while they mentor the next generation of heroes. Either way I'm sure the book(s) will be great and will be sitting on my shelves.

The teenager within me so wanted to be Percy's best friend throughout this series. A great series I'd recommend to anyone middle schooler through adult.

I should add there is no swearing but they do say "oh gods", but it's not meant to be THE God, as in taking the Lord's name in vain. Some people might be uncomfortable with that. You also have to be okay with Greek mythology in order to appreciate this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.