Harry's Reviews > Drop Shot

Drop Shot by Harlan Coben

Jul 04, 12

bookshelves: detective-mystery

Beginning to exhaust my hunt for the loner, the hunter as a singular and main hero...a new trend seems to be emerging, the disassociation of the hunter and conscientious hero into two separate characters: the main character and his loner side-kick. Several authors embrace this genre motif: Robert Crais's Elvis Cole and his side-kick Joe Pike and of course Harlan Coben's Mylor Bolitar and his elitist side-kick Win.

Of this genre, Coben is probably the most adept at creating complex and winning characters. His portrayal of Myron (conscientious) and Win (borderline Sociopath) is second to none. Again, I devoured these books (in order, as with all series books) and in record time and found myself waking groggy from lack of sleep thanks to Mr. Coben.

P.S. Same review for all the Myron Bolitar novels, if you've read one of my reviews of Bolitar you've read them all. How can I say that? Well, Mr. Coben as with most series authors, is a master at being consistent from one book to another and delivering a sucker punch to his readers everytime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drop Shot.