Christina Torretta's Reviews > Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons

Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons by Denise Grover Swank

Aug 09, 2012

Recommended for: Anyone that likes a little mystery with some romance and lots of FUN!
Read in July, 2012

As sequels goes this one is great. Actually Denise Grover Swank puts enough in the book that you could probably read this without even reading the first. It holds its own that well. Although there are some things, like Joe’s last name that you wouldn’t understand but the story itself does not seem like a sequel other than already being in love with the characters.

Downside to Twenty Nine and a Half Reasons? Only that Rose makes some seriously bad choices but I had to remember, Rose grew up very sheltered. She doesn’t know normal things that the outside world, ALL of the outside world, knows. And because of that her choices seem bizarre but are actually due to the way she was raised. Also, I’m on the fence about Joe. Do I like that guy? I’m not sure yet. He keeps hurting her (I won’t say too much) and wants to push her to do things she’s not ready for and I just want to punch him! I know he is probably just doing what he thinks is right but it’s driving me crazy! But that’s what a good story is supposed to do, so even though this is a negative for me for the book, it’s also a positive. What can I say? I love to hate that guy!

I think it’s a very easy, well put together story with great characters that have some serious issues! A fabulous read and even being mystery, once again I loved it! The plot was well played out and kept me guessing, which I love! I kept looking for clues to what had happened and just when I was about to give up Denise Grover Swank threw me a bone. There’s just enough intrigue to make you want to keep reading. I hated putting this book down when I had to, and I didn’t unless I absolutely HAD to, much like the first.

Fun, quirky, definitely not a serious read and I loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons.