Serena Yates's Reviews > Naked Truth

Naked Truth by Kim Dare

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: gay
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

Much like the previous book in this series, Naked Truth made me smile – if for very different reasons. To have one of the main characters be a nudist sub, and one who is totally convinced nudity is appropriate in any situation, and the other a totally repressed, closeted control freak is a challenge. Seeing the two of them come together and attempt to figure out who was in charge, as well as trying to define some sort of relationship was hilarious. And, of course, this being a Kim Dare book, totally hot.

Claude thinks he needs to be responsible, in charge at all times, and believes the promise to his father not to 'misbehave' means he cannot have a relationship with a man. He hasn’t counted on Gavin though, and the nudist/hotel reviewer challenge every single belief that has helped Claude be successful. I enjoyed Claude's attempts at rationalizing what he was doing when he did let go a little, and I yelled at him when he just wouldn't see what an opportunity for happiness he kept trying to turn down. Claude may have been somewhat uptight, but I could sense the need to b human right under the surface.

Gavin is hilarious. He is a convinced, card-carrying nudist, a sub who excels at topping from the bottom, and a breath of fresh air in Claude's life. If not for him and his efforts, Claude would still be working too hard and having no fun. Gavin's outlook on life is very sensual, and he is great at getting what he needs. Lucky for Claude, Gavin is equally good at making sure Claude gets what he needs. In and out of the bedroom, I might add.

If you like reading about hot men with one of them trying to remain aloof and the other doing his best to make him relax, if you want to know how a nudist sees the world, and if you like couples who have to go through a bit of an uphill battle before they figure out how they fit together, you will probably enjoy this story.

NOTE: This book was provided by Resplendence Publishing for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked Truth.