Lynda Kelly's Reviews > Chasing Amanda

Jul 04, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: deleted
read count: 1

This sounded promising. It's about a woman that witnesses the abduction of a little girl not realising it was the case till the girl's body was discovered. Her guilt almost tears apart her marriage and in the end they relocate for a new start. Nine years down the line and a little girl goes missing in their new town. This time Molly takes it upon herself to ensure this one is saved.
It was long-winded and jumped about quite a lot without saying if it was going forwards or backwards and not in separate chapters which took some getting used to. Then it was really dragging out and I started to lose interest and ghosts and ghouls suddenly appeared and that was almost too much for me. That was over 60% in so I had to persist then to force myself to find out what happened.
The parts that were dragged out like every daily detail of her running, for example, was dull and yet parts that needed fleshing out were glossed over and all crammed into the last 50 or so pages !!!
Plus being an E-book there were the obligatory spelling mistakes and one person's name suddenly changing.........careless in the extreme.
So not another author I'll be reading in a hurry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Amanda.