Relyn's Reviews > Inkdeath

Recommended to Relyn by: I love the author
Recommended for: tweens
Read in January, 2009 , read count: 1

10/24/08
Well, that's settled. I know exactly what I'm going to read next. Last Saturday we were at the bookstore buying a gift for a birthday party present. (I just love it that my daughter chooses to give her friends books for their birthday. That was completely her idea.) I saw this and squealed. Loudly. Right there in the bookstore.

Finally!

I've found that often a sequel just can not live up to a first book. Not so with Inkheart and Inkspell. I loved the second one even more than the first. I've been waiting for the third book. I'm not enamoured of the title, but oh how I love Funke. I'll just trust her on this one. Must go.

I have hours of reading pleasure ahead.

5/29/09
The sequel may have been terrific, but the third book was just OK. Here's why I say that. I bought an audiobook version from Audible.com. Something went wrong with my iTunes files and I lost the last third of the book. I never did get it fixed. I never did go back and finish the book. And. I own the actual book. Like I said, not nearly so good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inkdeath.

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura I have Inkheart in my pile of books that I have not read. Will have to give it a go soon based on your raves.