Marguerite Kaye's Reviews > Sister

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

Oct 21, 2015

Read from July 04 to 06, 2012

Excellent thriller with so many twists and turns I'm not going to say much in case I give something away. Relationship between the sisters at the core of this is what drew me in and what gave the story it's emotional ballast. I couldn't put this one down, and I didn't guess the ending, which is very unusual for me. I'd definitely read more of this author.

Update October 2015
I bought this on a KDD not realising I'd already read it, and for about half the book I didn't remember a thing - then it started coming back to me. I'd rate it 3.5 now, because the narrator kind of bugged me with her slightly show-off literary references and absolute self-obsession. Now, I know that was part of her character but not all, I got the impression she was 'written up' if that makes any sense at all? Maybe not. Basically the impact on me the reader was to take away the emotion from some of the more harrowing scenes, and to make the relationship between the two sisters a little less believable - Tess too good, in contrast with Beatrice. That aside, this is an excellent psychological thriller with a very neat twist at the end that still worked on second reading so I'm glad I bought it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sister.

10/18/2015 marked as: currently-reading