Marissa's Reviews > Redemption

Redemption by Susannah Sandlin

Jul 04, 12

Oh my! This was really beyond wonderful. I'm not sure what I expected when I first read the Prologue, but then bam the first chapter really grabbed me, and I was basically hooked for the rest of the story. The concept; the thought of there being a worldwide pandemic, where some humans took a vaccination that left their blood dangerous to vampires was intriguing to me. The setting, Penton, Alabama, was interesting to visualize, as it's described to be a small town filled with humans and a scathe of vampires. The writing was phenomenal; the scenes/dialogue flowed so well. The characters, now...I would love to see these vampires on screen, and to hear the slight Irish accents. Yup, these vampires were originally from Ireland, and they were just developed really well, and all I can say is, I can't wait to see these characters on screen, especially Aidan (sigh). Anyways (cough) so if you can already see from my side, the characters were believable, including human Dr. Krystal Harris. You can see from the first couple of chapters this draw that she and Aidan have for one another. Krystal, seemed a relatable character to me, and I felt for her, for her unfortunate past, her unfortunate abuse she had to endure from her parents, her Father. She is one that may seem reserved, but she is feisty and a determined person, even though she finds herself in a situation that she though she left when she was eighteen, but I think you'll like her very much, as she brings out strength.
This story has so much good qualities including suspense, of course vampires, romance, action, a possible war between Aidan and his enemy, his older brother (Owen) and more, so I really Recommend this story: this first book in a series, as you will not be disappointed. It was...Fantastic! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.