Jordan Erika's Reviews > Until Darkness Comes

Until Darkness Comes by Melynda Price

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: won
Read from July 12 to 13, 2012

I honestly loved this book! The writing was excellent, the plot was insanely interesting, and the characters were well defined.

Everything happens really fast in a way because there is one thing happening right after the next, which is a slight problem at the end because by the time you get to the actual climax of the book, it's not quite as exciting since the whole book has been extremely exciting. However, in a way it can feel slow because all of this stuff is happening over a really short period of time, there is a lot of detail (good in a way), but all the excitement of things happening makes it feel like a real drag in those little moments when there isn't much of anything happening.

You go into it knowing some really bad stuff is going to happen since all of Hell wants Olivia dead, so for that first part you want to slap Olivia for not seeing how evil Max really is (not that it's her fault since he's manipulating her, after all). Olivia is still an awesome protagonist. She's not stupid and she figures things out for herself in time. She's totally relate-able most of the time (a few moments I was like, why on earth would she do that??).

Liam is the perfect hero (he is an angel after all!), and I adore the connection and consequences of Liam and Olivia's (and later Ashley and Balen's) relationship. Why can't I have my own Ronnin Warrior??
Max...ugh. You're pretty much going to say "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE ALREADY?" time after time.

You really feel a range of emotions through every character and every scene. It's so well thought out and beautifully described you feel like you're in the moment with all of them. I was sooo sad when I reached the final page just because I know I'm going to have to wait for Shades of Darkness.

If you love the paranormal, deep-connection romances, a great good vs evil battle, or just a well written book, then you're honestly going to fall right into this book and devour it.

*Received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until Darkness Comes.

07/12/2012 page 86