Jordan Erika's Reviews > Coveted

Coveted by Shawntelle Madison

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: favorites, won
Read on July 07, 2012

This book is not a 5 star book. It goes so far beyond that. It is everything I could ever want in a paranormal book. The plot you can find out from any other review, I'm sure, but since I hate reading reviews that only talk about what happens, I can assure you that is NOT what I have to say.

To start off, the writing is so fluid in this book, the English major in my was in love in the first 10 pages. You never question anything's significance no matter how small and trivial a scene may be when you really think about it later. It just all works together, which is something that I've found a lot of authors I read these days just can't seem to get right.

The characters, even the ones that don't appear too much, are well defined and unique. They never lose their voices and say things that don't sound like them just to progress the story. I fell absolutely in love with Nick almost as soon as he stepped in, and I think anyone will just adore Grandma Stravinsky. Nat is not your average heroine as everything is based around her faults (illness) and how she deals.

As far as the romance goes, I'm super happy that it's not the norm of werewolves-that-can't-be-together-so-they-have-a-tryst-around-every-corner type of book. Everything is really subtle. Some people might think Thorn leads her on but since he does tell her no several times, he goes up as an (mostly) honorable type in my book. I REALLY LOVE NICK!!

"Had I really seen a succubus with a scimitar?"
I was giggling so much through this book. It was really awesome to have those little moments, but then you also had moments where you have to hold your breath and just try to read fast enough to get through it without fainting.

It is going to be sheer torture waiting for Kept to come out, and until them I am absolutely going to covet my copy of this awesome novel.

*Received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coveted.

07/07/2012 page 29