Kristy's Reviews > Touching Smoke

Touching Smoke by Airicka Phoenix

Jul 04, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from July 05 to 07, 2012

Fallon is a teenager who has spent her life on the road with her mother, travelling across the country and never staying more than a few months in any one place.

After starting at a new school Fallon's life starts to spiral out of control and she has to leave yet again - only this time she is running for her life. Thankfully she has Isaiah to help protect her and help her begin to piece together her bizarre dreams and other aspects of her life that she doesn't understand.

This book has it all for the YA PNR reader. There is plenty of action, romance and suspense. I really enjoyed the original concept and it was great to read something that is new and fresh.

As with all books in this genre the reader needs to abandon realism and read the story for what it is - fantasy.

The characters are great! I loved the 'good guys' and loathed the 'baddies' and at times wanted to destroy Maia myself :)I am hopeful that we will discover more about Fallon and Isaiah as the series goes on, as there are many questions about their pasts that remain unanswered in this book.

There were some typos and editing issues with this copy; however I believe these will be fixed up before the final copy of the book is released.

I read this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! I just HAD to know what was going to happen at the end of the story! What I discovered is that I am now going to anxiously await the next book in the series! The ending was not exactly a cliff-hanger, but it does lead well into the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching Smoke.