Louise's Reviews > Captive in the Dark

Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Jun 12, 13

bookshelves: favorites, dark-and-disturbing, love-it-read-it-begin-again, hot-hot-hot
Read on July 05, 2012

Anyone who doesn't have experienced a tortured life has not yet been born.
There's no one gonna understand you in this life except the one who had experienced the same past as you do.

Well Written!!!!friggin' Awesome!

Caleb is not a tortured hero, he's a tortured villain..and there's a difference on that on the way you put it..but a scarred soul always affect me deepest no matter who the person was.

I've been reading most of the dark hunter series and flash back with gruesome tortured past did not take me off guard..that's why I enjoy this book and gets me truly into it and its easy to read.

Yes, the subject matter is what some others readers called dark, gritty, brutal and horrifying. The book wants us to go to the dark to become familiar of it until our eyes is contented and be familiar to the darkness..But what's the purpose? to emerge to the light.we might get blinded on it and its gonna be crucial to do that, and that's what Livvie's gonna do, to emerge from darkness to see the light.

I love the story, never thought I gonna love it. I wanted them to be Free, complicated and disturbing as you went and tug along to both their lives.I hope they find redemption.

I don't know how the Author will save Livvie and Caleb..I hope they'll find freedom:) it's the only thing I've been wishing...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive in the Dark.

06/08/2013 marked as: currently-reading 5 comments
06/08/2013 page 6
3.0% "But safety – like light – is a façade. Underneath, the whole world is drenched in darkness...He also knew the only way to truly be safer, was to accept the dark, to walk in
it with eyes wide open, to be a part of it.
" 5 comments
06/11/2013 page 64
33.0% "...he was a beautiful son of a b****. Not fair.
yeah so not fair!!!:P" 8 comments
06/12/2013 page 77
40.0% "Run Livvie! omg just run fast and hide and don't look back!
*heart pounding*" 1 comment
06/12/2013
86.0% "Each story wanted, no-needed-to reveal a human fragility, a human bondage which tied people to the things they did and to be the person they held in their heads."
06/12/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susanne (new) - added it

Susanne Great review, Louise!

Louise Susanne wrote: "Great review, Louise!"

Blacky *Romance Addict* Fab review Louise :)

Louise Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Fab review Louise :)"

Ah thank you so much Blacky:)♥♥

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Never could read this sort of book, Louise but glad you enjoyed it and great review!

Louise Jill wrote: "Never could read this sort of book, Louise but glad you enjoyed it and great review!"

edzkie♥§*.*§♥ yeah boi!!! not fair esp. if his making you fall with each page.hahahaha

Louise edzkie♥§*.*§♥ wrote: "yeah boi!!! not fair esp. if his making you fall with each page.hahahaha"

->[image error]:)

Genesis Carol With your progress your making me want to reread this one again before starting Epilogue!
by the way Great Review Louise !:-)))

Louise Carol wrote: "With your progress your making me want to reread this one again before starting Epilogue!
by the way Great Review Louise !:-)))"

its good to revisit their past but such a torture, you better read the epilogue now, is much better for the mood;)
thanks so much Carol:)

by the way Great Review Louise !:-)))"

thanks so much Carol:)

Vishous great review Louise :)

edzkie♥§*.*§♥ Well Written!!!!friggin' Awesome review!☺

Louise Vishous * Minion needs only Rach as Queen * wrote: "great review Louise :)"

Thank you so much V!:)

Louise edzkie♥§*.*§♥ wrote: "Well Written!!!!friggin' Awesome review!☺"

Thank you Edz!:P

message 16: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Wonderful review Louise!!:))

Louise Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Louise!!:))"