Andrea Heltsley's Reviews > Nightmare

Nightmare by Chelsea M. Cameron

Jul 12, 12

Read from July 11 to 12, 2012

I don't know about most Chelsea, but most sequels are hard to write. It is hard to live up to the expectations after such a great novel is written like Nocturnal was.

I however found Chelsea Cameron to make an even better sequel than her initial book, Nocturnal. Nightmare was a thrilling read and I thought it was made of pure awesomeness!

Nightmare focused less on her mom having cancer, which I found to be a relief. I love how interesting the relationships become in this book. Texas and Victor finally get to meet. Tex is through the moon over it.

Peter and Ava also tell Ava's mom the truth about everything. I enjoyed the dynamic between the three characters after that. They made Ava's mom happy by not keeping the truth a secret.

I absolutely loved, loved, loved the relationship between Peter and Ava. They become so attached and you can feel her love for him. Their interactions in this book were endearing and sweet.

Most of the action happens in the last portion of the book and boy did it deliver. I am still awestruck by the cliffhanger Chelsea left us with. Needless to say, I will be one of the first in line to download the final book in the trilogy, Numb (Noctalis Chronicles Book #3) when it comes out in the fall. I give this book five glittery stars!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmare.