Karen Fowler's Reviews > Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: witches
Read in July, 2012

**I read book 3 first (as an ARC) and loved it. So I went back to the beggining of the series to get my Rand / Sinjin fix!**

In some regards, this series starts out as a lot of typical paranormal chick books. Under-confident gal meets mysterious stranger, her life is upended and in the end she gets her hunk and some wicked-cool superpowers.

But this was not your typical paranormal.

Yes, Jolie has a little business reading people's cards (fortunes) but her powers are hit-and miss. Other than her cat and an adorable BFF, she doesn't have much of a social life. Then in walks Rand-- a hunky, aloof guy with a job offer and more curiosity about her than Jolie can bear. But it's not all "White Knight swooping in to save the day". Oh, no.

The twists and turns are almost addictive. And the men, oh, the men. Introspective Rand. Hot-blooded (cold-blooded) Vampire Sinjin. Don't expect your typical love triangle though.

As with the rest of the book, Mallory keeps every facet of this series fresh, smart and sassy. She knows how to build the uh, tension, as the story reaches it's climax, only to leave the reader wanting more :-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.