Zach's Reviews > The Tommyknockers [ACE]

The Tommyknockers [ACE] by Stephen King

M_50x66
Jul 09, 12

Read from July 02 to 09, 2012, read count: 1

I haven't read any of King's (adult) work since IT, and apparently my appreciation of his artful storytelling has increased in the past six years, as I don't remember loving his prose nearly as much then. The similarities with this book to IT are striking - the story of not just one person, but a group, focusing around an "old magick" antagonist, and what the antagonist can do to an entire community.

The suspense was a great lure to this book. For being around 750 pages, I finished it in about 4 days. King constantly drops hints about things he'll reveal later, and I almost wanted to take notes to be able to recall the macabre details later on. There are almost too many names brought up throughout the book to remember who everyone is, in fact (as it does revolve around an entire community), which may be the only negative aspect to it.

All and all, it was tightly written, and when the end finally comes, it's without any huge shockers, yet I found myself reading more and more slowly to try to save the last bits of it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tommyknockers [ACE].