Kristyn's Reviews > Swim

Swim by Jennifer Weiner

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in August, 2012

I was instantly hooked upon reading the first page, and I wanted to find a coffee shop like the one Ruth returned to day after day, to meet her for a cup of coffee and to discuss what she'd been working on that day! Being an application consultant for young teens from private schools, after having been a writer and even a screenwriter for a show, until she was heartbroken. Not only is she heartbroken, but she's extremely self conscious due to a pink scar the size of the bottom of a soda can, because people would always talk about her, especially in college at the parties she would attend. One specific party led her to the gym to swim, and essentially that has become her sanctuary ever since. That is until someone sets her up with an online dating profile, and the rest is history! Okay, maybe... you'll just have to read it to find out! Not only do people begin to surprise Ruth, but she surprises herself, and probably those who read the book, as well. I know I was surprised by the ending.

It makes me want to go out and buy The Next Best Thing!

"Spending your whole life underwater isn't natural, Ruth Anne!" - Grandma

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swim.