Justine's Reviews > The Lost Daughter

The Lost Daughter by Lucy Ferriss

F 50x66
Jul 17, 12

Read from July 03 to 13, 2012

This book was extremely moving to me. Forgiveness is truly a powerful thing, the author goes through stages of guilt, remorse, and strength with each character. Although I wanted the 2 main characters to get together in the end because of their history together, it was not right for either of them. I did get a bit confused though why she would go back to her husband after the way that he treated her...but I guess that is also forgiveness and power of love to overcome his moment of weakness and drinking.

I loved how the author didn't use just one perspective. Not only did she show how Brooke was feeling her guilt and pain, but also Alex's guilt and denial of the truth that was breathing in his hands. She showed the grandfather's perspective and how loving and compassionate he is. The daughter's thoughts and emotions were shown flawlessly as well even though she couldn't speak correctly, you could still hear and feel her pain and frustration. Sean's character I didn't like as much as the others, but if my spouse was as secretive as Brooke was in their marriage I would become frustrated and self loathing also.

Once you find peace and forgiveness within yourself, the pain of past mistakes will lessen over time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Daughter.