Sathish Sekar's Reviews > Tony Horton's Fitness Solution: Get the Body to Change Your Life

Tony Horton's Fitness Solution by Tony Horton

Jul 15, 2012

Recommended for: Anyone interested in Fitness
Read in July, 2012 , read count: 1

Honestly I would have given 5 stars, if my expectations were not so high. I am a huge fan of P90x and Tony Horton's health/fitness philosophy. The book does a good job of setting down the mental principles that need to be adopted to make lasting changes in your body. The nutrition plan is also very informative and concise. The workout moves are also explained in pictures and written details.

The one flaw is the workout plan is not that good. I feel like the casual reader would not find it appealing enough to take a workout plan just out of a book. A better strategy would be to try out one of Tony's home workout DVDs. This would force people to keep with the workout. Also the workouts suggested in the books have opportunities for distraction and idleness. With a video workout you don't have a chance to do that since everything is timed and sequenced.

Overall, a solid book to read if only for the nutrition section. I learned that what most people put into their bodies is actually very harmful and not useful. Definitely worth a look for the fitness enthusiast or someone looking to improve their health.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tony Horton's Fitness Solution.