Bri's Reviews > Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: favorite-chick-lit

Oh I am so glad I finally picked Maybe This Time up after passing it up on the shelves at the library several times. After going on sort of a Jennifer Crusie binge this summer, I can honestly say this is one my favorites by her. Definitely something I can reread again.

From the captivating characters, to the different relationships, to the winding, twisting plot line, I couldn't bare to put this book down. I was on the edge of my seat, frantically reading through pages to see what was going to happen next. It is the perfect blend of humor, heart warming moments, sizzling chemistry, and suspense.

The main characters are lovable. True to typical Crusie form, Andie the heroine is a complete badass. She's strong headed, witty, patient, and loving. North, the male lead is completely swoon-worthy- sweet, caring, passionate, and kind. The connection these two share is amazing, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about them. There's something about former lovers reconnecting that really gets to me.

Little Alice and Carter stole my heart within pages of them being introduced. And also consistent with Crusie's other reads, all other supporting characters added humor and chaos.

The ghost story line was completely engrossing and had me second guessing myself at times. Hallucinations or real? I must admit I wavered back and forth for a while.

The ending is satisfying and leaves you feeling warm. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a light, fun-filled read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe This Time.