Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS's Reviews > The Sword and The Prophet

liked it
bookshelves: boy-lead, girl-lead, magic
Read from January 01 to 05, 2013

Wow. Just......Wow.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet. The main character in this book are Lily and Tyler, and they're about to break out of their house. This book, The Sword and the Prophet, takes place in Florida and.....OUTER SPACE?!

This book has a plot that I enjoyed reading. Tyler and Lily are breaking out of their house, to get away from their mother. But things don't go quite right. >:) And I won't tell you what went wrong. Mwuahahaha!

So, now I have to say this. The plot..Was just about the only good part of the book. There were lots of editing problems. LOTS. There was missing punctuation, run-on sentences, and it switched third-person point-of-views without warning. Also, Lily and Tyler have an accent, so the way the author wrote the book when it was their point-of-view was strange.

Then there was something, or some people, called The Sa'Chaelle. I read of them enough in context to know that they're bad guys, but the author needed to elaborate on what they were more.

I have to say that this was a free book on amazon. If it hadn't been for all the editing problems, it would've gotten four stars. Let me say this though.

If you're looking for a free book with an interesting plot, get this one. Yes, it has a lot of editing errors, but once I got past that, it was a pretty good book.

I'm giving the author 2 3/4 of a five star rating, but since that kind of rating doesn't exist....Missy LaRae, you get three stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword and The Prophet.

01/03/2013 "So far, it's okay. Lily and Tyler. I like those names. But-Wait! Hold up! Their mom is an <spoiler>ALIEN?!?!</spoiler> WTH?!"
01/03/2013 "The way this book is written isn't very, so to say, good. I'm seeing lots of run-on sentences and missing punctuation. Also, she's using strange grammar.....Like, it shouldn't be written like that."
show 1 hidden update…