Madison Louise's Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Aug 21, 12

Read from July 21 to 26, 2012

Good points:

At first, I wasn't going to even read this book. Reapers? I wasn't so sure. But when I got a chance to read the e-ARC, I jumped at the chance.

And I don't regret it. Inbetween was amazing.

I loved that it was from a girl's point of point, then a guy's. And Tara did an awesome job of telling both parts!! <3

Emma, even though her dad has died, and "accidents" keep happening to her, she still goes around, still trying to live life.

Finn was awesome. The best hero ever. I loved him. And I can't see why Emma wouldn't either. ;) He has green eyes!!! Green eyes are the best. (the swoony-est) And the fact that he's a soul, even better. And, he was in the army before he died. *sighs contently*

Emma and Finn's relationship was shaky at first. Emma wasn't sure if she was losing her mind, or this was all real. And the fact that Finn couldn't touch her without getting in trouble, it was a tense relationship. But they found a way through it all.

Annnnnd....Cash. Cash was awesome. I have friends who are boys, and I know how awesome they can be. And Cash was awesome. And I was glad that Cash wasn't going after Emma. Sometimes you just need a guy friend who's just...your friend, you know?

And the villain? Meave??? She was great!! She was crazy, and vengeful and all that great villain stuff. ;) (Even though I don't like her, she was a great villain.)

And I loved the whole "reaper" concept. I don't really read stuff like that, and I really enjoyed it. I liked how there was a reaper who pulled people who were "bad" to Hell. And one to put "good" people to Heaven. And then, Finn...I was a bit confused on who he reaped people for, but I was pretty sure it was the Inbetween, where souls get another shot at life if they make it that long.

Emma and her mother's relationship was tense too, Rachel just wanted to get re-married and be happy, but Emma just wanted her dad back. And her mom kept saying she wanted to be happy and Emma wasn't happy about it. But I think Emma and her mom will be ok, Parker seems like a nice guy. ;) (and he's a cop!!!)

Negative points:

The language, even though it wasn't as bad as other books I've read, I still don't enjoy it. But I didn't let it ruin the book for me. :)
And the fact that Emma keeps lying to people about the souls, I don't like lying, but I think in this case, Emma would be sent to Brookhaven again if she said she was talking to and seeing souls. So I think it's alright for now. ;P

Inbetween kept me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning. Most of the time I was either doing this:

"*Covers mouth with hand* Oh my gosh....oh my gosh!!" Or...."Just kiss her already you idiot!!"

I cannot wait for book 2! And don't forget to pick up your copy of, Inbetween when it comes out in August! :D

Rating: 5 stars!!

(click the link for a special blog tour giveaway! http://madisonlouiseauthor.blogspot.c... )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

07/21/2012 page 47
07/22/2012 page 90
23.0% "YES."
07/23/2012 page 102
26.0% "Ooooh!! *is giddy*"
07/23/2012 page 116
51.0% "Oh no...."
07/25/2012 page 222
56.0% "Aww!! <333"
07/25/2012 page 245
61.0% "Finally! Took him long enough..."
07/26/2012 page 261
65.0% "Oh my gosh...."
07/26/2012 page 400
100.0% "Amazing read. Review to come soon!"
show 2 hidden updates…