Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ 's Reviews > Sweet as Sin

Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: emotional-angsty-books, read-in-2012
Read from July 03 to 05, 2012

Livvy and her sister, Andy, get a new neighbor, John Murphy, who from the get-go seems intent of getting Livvy. Livvy tries to resist him but her sister suggest she have a summer fling and why not? Little did Livvy know what she was getting into.

I have to admit that it took till about 20% for me to get into the story. It just seemed like a easy and somewhat erotica romance but then we got a glimpse of the real John and everything changed.

John had a rough upbringing to say the least and the way he helped his little sister and himself was through his stories. Years later, he decided to write the stories down and that lead to him becoming a famous writer. But he doesn't want a relationship, he really just wants a summer fling as well.

There is a story within the story, John's book, and at first, I didn't really care for it but as you read more of the story, you come to find out it's significance and it takes on a whole new meaning. I really came to love Jondi, Thorn and Vory almost as much as I love John and Livvy.

Livvy was also wonderful. I really enjoyed all the baking parts of the story. (Livvy owns a bakery called The Sugar Shack) She also has some issues in her past that don't always help in the relationship.

And there are some issues in the relationship ~ especially when you have two people with issues. John has a hard side that is a little scary. I don't know how Livvy stood up to him and took what he dished out.

There are a lot of great secondary characters involved. I got a real kick out of John's nephews...especially PJ. And both John's sister, Gina (I loved how she and John called each other sister-mine and brother-mine), and Livvy's sister, Andy, were great characters. Andy's fiancé, Tow, was hilarious...especially when he was helping Livvy "work" things out.

Definitely a great story with some emotional drama. Also, don't forget to check out the story mentioned in the book summary on the author's website. Here's the link:

Cover Talk: Ugh...I don't care for the cover at all. I really don't think it conveys what the story is really about ~ except for the sexiness of it. They could've at least shown more of Livvy's red hair.

Favorite quotes:

♥ "Betty Crocker had never been so arousing."

♦ "What am I, cattle? Back it up, cowboy."

♥ "I'm sorry, Liv. I picked the wrong side."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet as Sin.

Stacia (the 2010 club) How much emotional drama? Was it overdone or not that bad?

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ i didnt think it was that bad. definitely some drama though.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I can handle some drama. Just not the over-the-top for the sake of shock-value type of drama anymore!

~V~ Great review Sharon, and i totally agree about the cover!! :)

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Stacia...its not really over the top but there is a bit of shock-value type. sorry if that doesnt really explain it.

and thanks V...i know right? i wish it had a better cover!