Hayley G's Reviews > Death and the Girl Next Door

Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones

Feb 25, 13

Read in August, 2012

I can't believe how much I enjoyed this one! Full review to come in September. :)

Demons and possessions are on the loose with this one!

I haven't had the pleasure of reading Jones' Charley Davidson series yet, but I will say this about her new Darklight series- I can't wait for Book #2!

Death and the Girl Next Door was a great introduction to what is sure to be, an amazing series! Lorelei is a great narrator, I enjoyed her humourous wit, especially the banter between her and her BFFs. I feel that Jones has left a lot of room open for Lori, and all her friends, to grow as characters, and can't wait to see where she takes them next.

There's a bit of action in DatGND, one racing scene, in particular, involving an 18-wheeler, do they all make it through it? Well you'll just have to read to find out :).

One thing that irked me a bit, though, were the boys of this novel. Their actions left me really puzzled at times. For example, David - What is his animosity towards Cameron all about, why is he so secretive? Each boy seems to be hiding something. And the two leads- Cameron and Jared, I feel like these two took a total 180 in there attitudes. Definitely some role reversals between these two heros towards the middle of the book.

I feel like the cover is a little misleading, because I do think there is a Love Triangle brewing in book 1, but not with the characters you'd think. Leave a comment below if you agree or disagree with this.

I'm completely, 100%, Team Jared he's mysterious, dangerous, sexy and a great fit for Lori in my opinion. Although there really wasn't enough time allotted to these two's relationship, I'm eager to see what happens in Death, Doom and Detention (Darklight #2) whom's cover, by the way, makes much more sense haha.

And the ending. What can I say, it came to soon, I was thirsty for more and still am! Lori, and her friends, are left with some major, game-changing news. I can't wait to see where they'll go from here, and the lengths Jared will go to keep Lori safe *swoon*.

Overall, Death and the Girl Next Door is a great, face-paced, novel that fans of Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series are sure to enjoy.

Happy Reading!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death and the Girl Next Door.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nikki Nope. I felt the sae as you. No love triangle for our MC!