Chelsey's Reviews > Entasy

Entasy by Brynn Myers

6209040
Jul 03, 12

Read in July, 2012

What I would first suggest to all of my lovely readers would be to venture on over to Brynn Myer’s website  http://www.brynnmyers.com/ and check out the upcoming Prophecies of the Nine Series to understand a little bit more of Kylah’s world. The following quote is taken directly from the website speaking about this upcoming series, “The Prophecies of The Nine is a breathtaking urban fantasy series featuring the warriors of The Nine, a unique band of fighters all chosen for their individual talents. Their job is to protect the innocent souls and punish those who wish to enslave the human world as well as the supernatural. The leader of the Sluagh has waged a war with the goddesses and now both sides will stop at nothing to exact their vengeance. Get ready to fall into a story of love, fire and passion as these warriors fight to save everything and everyone they love.” Entasy is the prequel novella.

Brynn Myers writes a story about a girl who has a past deeper than the Grand Canyon and a future that is as bright as the rising sun. Kylah, the main character, is the granddaughter of not one, but two Celtic Goddesses. I mean, seriously, how awesome is that? Her world is partly “human” and largely mythical, but the sad part is that all she can remember is the human side. Brynn’s world building skills are out of this world; with so many characters and relationships among them, this book is phenomenal for its intertwining realms, characters, and themes.

Kylah, as stated before, has a powerful destiny ahead of her and there are many people (supernatural ones, of course) who would like nothing more than to stop her! I believe that she is going to develop into an incredible heroine as the series progresses and Brynn shares more with us about her fated path. Kylah proved to be a stand up character in this prequel novel, however, she can definitely take charge and stand up for herself and she often proved that with her two domineering brothers. I loved their family bond and the brother’s unfailing need to protect Kylah from all harm. They, of course, know Kylah’s destiny and what it holds so they stop at nothing to keep her safe.

My favorite aspect of this story was the intertwined Celtic mythology and the way that Kylah’s world would spin from human to supernatural in the blink of an eye. I am hoping that we see and hear more from both of her grandmothers, Morrigan and Brighid, which are Goddesses, in later books. I am very intrigued by their story. Kylah is going to prove to be a very powerful Goddess too, I feel. Her grandmothers of spoken of as very powerful deities and it gives me chills as to what the future holds for Kylah. If you have not heard of Entasy then I strongly urge you to check out this fast, exciting read.

*** A copy of this book was provided to me by the author, Brynn Myers, in exchange for my honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entasy.