Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

Synopsis:

She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.
Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death--a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.

But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...

My Thoughts:

Man, do I love Lucien and Anya as a couple. They both overcame a lot to be together. I was wondering how they would do it. Talk about sacrifices.

Both of them had serious issues they've been dealing with for nearly all of their existences. But they worked out together. After meeting Lucien in book one, I never would have guessed that he could be so passionate and on fire. He'd always been in so much control of himself. But Anya makes him break loose and not hold back. I loved that she could bring that out of him.

Of course, things aren't all roses for them the entire time considering they literally tried to kill each other. Granted, circumstances made that what it was. I was glad when Lucien decided to fight it, even if it left his friends in possible danger from Cronus. Still, Anya and Lucien are smoking hot together. Considering that they hadn't gone all the way until the very near end of the book, everything else they did in bed was quite sexy.

I also continued to enjoy the ongoing storyline. The Lords are searching for Pandora's box and in this book, they finally learn more about what direction they should search in. They even score a victory on the way thanks to Anya and Lucien, but not everyone escapes the searching unscathed.

My heart broke for Paris. Despite what Sienna did, he couldn't seem to help himself around her. This was even more amazing to me because she seemed to be his one. But then THAT happened. I've seen plenty of spoilers about this series due to posting around various groups here on GR, but I don't remember hearing about that. I certainly hadn't realized that he met her so early in the series. Now I really want to know how things will turn out for him. He seems to be so sad now. Poor guy.

And then there's Reyes. He's been unable to forget Danika or stop worrying about her. And when what he's always known would happen does indeed happen, he sets off to save her. I knew that he would fight, but it still sucks to see him have to fight someone who is like a brother to him. I'm desperate to know what the hell happened with that.

Man, I'm loving this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

2.0% "He opened it?"
02/15/2013
3.0% "Anya's got it bad!"
02/15/2013
4.0% "Lol @ rope after rope of hand-over-your-panties muscle."
02/15/2013
7.0% "That's a hell of a hot kiss."
02/15/2013
8.0% "He knew it was her."
02/15/2013
10.0% "Anya sure was quite the hellion back in the day. and it looks like Lucien has it bad, too."
02/15/2013
13.0% "Lucien's got it as bad as Anya does."
02/15/2013
22.0% "Poor Lucien. Talk about a tight spot."
23.0% "He's obsessed!"
02/15/2013
24.0% "Lawl, I feel so bad for Gideon! Everyone always ignores what he says since he lies all the time." 4 comments
26.0% "Lmao @ Paris fainting when he gets flashed" 2 comments
02/16/2013
39.0% "That's an awful curse to lay on a little girl who has done nothing but be born."
02/16/2013
48.0% "Man do I feel awful for Lucien and Anya. And is Cronus responsible for Paris being unable to find a woman?"
02/16/2013
49.0% ""Your name doesn't start with an A does it?" Hahaha! I'd be suspicious of women with names beginning with A if I were Paris, too."
02/16/2013
49.0% "Paris meets Sienna way back in book 2? Wow. I didn't know it was that early."
02/16/2013
51.0% "Oh. I didn't know about THAT. Damn, Sienna."
02/16/2013
52.0% "And here's poor Reyes, torturing himself."
02/16/2013
52.0% "And batshit Aeron making plans to leave his cell."
02/16/2013
57.0% "I'm glad she told him about that damn curse."
60.0% "Lol @ Strider taking pics of Lucien chained to the bed." 2 comments
02/16/2013
66.0% "So this is William."
02/16/2013
73.0% "Damn. Poor Paris. And no one has a clue he's been captured"
02/16/2013
81.0% "Ah, Lucien is so weak! And how does William know about Lucien's possession?"
02/16/2013
84.0% "Totally sucks to be Paris or Lucien right now."
85.0% "Dayum, Aeron..."
02/16/2013
86.0% "I really, really want to know why Cronus ordered Aeron to kill Danika and her family. There has to be some reason for it. Man, I sure hope he didn't kill her grandmother."
02/16/2013
88.0% "They did it. I love these two together."
02/16/2013
92.0% "Huh, so Sienna really did it."
02/16/2013
93.0% "Someone he can want more than once. Amazing."
02/16/2013
93.0% "Okay, I didn't know THAT happened."
02/16/2013
94.0% "Damn, William. I should have known it was Cronus."