Renetta's Reviews > Pandora's Key

Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: want-next-book, kindle, review-copy, indie, smashwords
Read from July 03 to 18, 2012

My actual rating of this book is 3.5 stars. I put 4 to even the scales of an earlier review that felt the same but marked 3.

It was fun to read a story about how Greek mythology plays a role in current time.
I enjoyed the prologue which told the mythology version of Pandora's Box. Not exactly how I remember the story but it was an interesting version.

The story is set in Portland, Oregon. I lived there for a few years so I liked the familiarity. The story is about an average teenage girl, Evangeline, who finds out she's anything but average. Her mother isn't well and she fears losing her and being on her own. While her mother is hospitalized she learns that almost everyone she knows has secrets they've been keeping from her. The secrets of Pandora's Box and how she's involved with the "cult" as she refers to it.

There's another story going on that later entwines together in the story. A teenage boy, Malledy, is part of a secret group, known only to the rich and powerful, that searches out powerful talisman for their wealthy clients. The search becomes personal when he figures out that it can save him from the incurable disease he has, Huntington's disease.

Evangeline has to quickly find the courage within her to learn about her family's history and protect herself and the people she loves.
This being the first book in a trilogy, I will definitely read the next two books and follow this story to it's end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Key.