Zeenat's Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

Jul 04, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from July 03 to 04, 2012

Synopsis: Alex and her changeling friend, Rianna, officially open the offices of "Tongues of the Dead Investigations"--and they see a man jump of a building. Except his ghost comes out and Alex sees him frantically denying he didn't commit suicide.

Both of her love interests left havoc on her emotions and had to disappear, so Alex throws herself into this case. But thennnnn . . .

Review: Another excellent installment. I read this book way into the night because I couldn't sleep. I'm sure me wanting to find out what happens played a part in that, also ;).

The writing style and plot originality keeps readers interested, page after page. Although it is part of a very typical UF genre formula, it's a formula I like.

If the second book was about Alex and Falin, then this book was about Alex and Death. I think I lean towards Death, although I really like both guys--which means the author handled the love triangle really well.

Alex's emotions are conveyed to the reader as if the reader was feeling the emotions themselves. We feel how torn Alex is between the two men, because we are also torn. We feel her fear of faerie and the joy she feels when she is there because we are also fearful and joyful along with her.

I am still not quite happy with Alex herself, as sometimes she is mature, and other times immature. Her character is inconsistent, and sometimes, she is a bore.

I have fallen in love with this series. This series is a must read for every UF reader out there!

Sex: hot sex scene, kissing
Violence: a bit more grosser than the books before, but still not gory.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Series Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

“So what, I need to take a test?”
I yawned again, my eyes momentarily tearing from exhaustion “Yeah, a test. And about forty hours of classes, which, as the teacher wouldn’t be able to see you, you would be hard-pressed to prove you attended.”
“That’s discrimination.”
“Well, you could gather a bunch of ghosts and protest discrimination against the corporeally challenged. Unfortunately, no one would notice.”

Next Book: I don't know, but I can't wait to read it!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.

75.0% "I had to force myself to stop"
100.0% "I finished it! Full review will be up tomorrow."