Ashlyn's Reviews > Blood Red Road

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, meh-lead-characters
Recommended to Ashlyn by: A big shiny display at Chapters.
Recommended for: Anyone who likes a good, fast-paced adventure story.
Read from July 30 to August 07, 2012

**MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD**

Ah, let's go with a traditional pros and cons list for this one.

What I liked

ACTION! I loved how fast paced this book was. It kept my on the edge of my seat almost the entire time.

The setting. I liked the dystopian desert sort of thing. It was one of the things that made Blood Red Road unique.

The writing. Now, at first I didn't like the style. It was on my nerves until about twenty pages in, and then it got easier to read. And I understood why. Saba didn't get an education in reading or writing, so she couldn't narrate perfectly. A nice touch. It really brought out the story's personality.

GIANT KILLER WORMS.

CROSSBOWS.

MORE GIANT KILLER WORMS AND CROSSBOWS.

What I didn't like

The lack of quotations. Now, I know earlier I said I liked the style of writing. And I do. It's just the fact that none of the dialogue had quotations around it that confused me.

No twist. I was expecting some big awesome plot twist at the end. Could Lugh have become the new king? Was he not in Freedom Fields after all? But, no. It went down just as you'd expect it too. They save Saba's brother from the fate we learned about halfway through the book, big showdown, kill the king, done. Done. I was a little disappointed about that one.

But. I still really liked this book. I don't know. It might have to go on my faves shelf after all.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Red Road.

08/05/2012 page 312
68.0% "This one's taking me a while to finish for some reason. I really am enjoying all the action though."