Carolyn's Reviews > Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds by Leila Meacham

Jul 30, 12

Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** First, let me start off by saying that I was a big, big fan of Roses. I thought this book had a lot of potential. I loved the characters even though I didn't agree with their decisions. Do not keep reading if you don't want to read my spoilers.

I had a very hard time with the crime that John and Trey committed. I cannot stand in books and movies when people commit a crime and try to cover it up. I was so mad at their choice to cover up Donny's accidental death.

Cathy's pregnancy in the story I thought was a great twist. I would have hoped that that would have happened before Trey was sterile. I actually kept thinking for the majority of the book that Trey was the father of the baby because he wasn't sterile YET or by some chance got her pregnant before he became sterile. So other MAJOR problem that I had with the story was John Caldwell being the father of Cathy's son John Will. I don't see how that was possible when they did not have sex. Not even close.

I found myself crying the majority of the book because of how Cathy was treated. I loved her character because she really made something of herself even though she was abandoned and raised her child on her own in the Texas panhandle.

The book sort of just ended for me on page 399. There is no happy ending to this book. It was sort of like Atonement. No happy ending, no peace for any of the characters. Just loved lost and the possibility if what could have been for all of them had they not made stupid decisions when they were teenagers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tumbleweeds.