Vanessa Booke's Reviews > Death and the Girl Next Door

Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones

Sep 27, 12

Death and The Girl Next Door is a unique young adult paranormal about a girl who is caught in the middle of death and a battle between two supernatural hotties. I really enjoyed this story because it was so different from your average YA paranormal. Although it seems like the story has this crazy love triangle going on, it surprisingly doesn't really involve Lorelei. Let me just say that I really loved the characters throughout this story. The build up with the mystery between Jared and Cameron was intense and it was a great addition. It really complicated Lorelei's life and I loved that we saw those complications and disruptions played out. As characters I wasn't really sure who to root for because they were all so vivid and well rounded. I thought it was super creepy in the beginning how Cameron is just supposedly stalking Lorelei all over. I mean wouldn't you freak out if someone was standing out side your house, watching you, as it rained outside. I think one of the things that I was disappointed with was I was under the impression that the love triangle would be between Jared, Cameron and Lorelei. From the beginning you can tell right off that Lorelei already has a prefence toward Jared. Overall, Death and The Girl Next Door is an entertaining and interesting read. I would highly recommend this to YA readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death and the Girl Next Door.