Omaima's Reviews > Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon

U_50x66
Jul 03, 12

Read in July, 2012

I love this book! It's short and easy to read, but every page is full of amazing advice, inspiration, and ideas. My uncle sent this to me, and although I procrastinated on actually reading it, I finally did last night, and I'm so glad I opened it. I read it cover to cover. It's all about how creativity, originality, and genius don't just pop out of nowhere. Our ideas and work are based off of the people, places, and ideas that have influenced us. The book gave me a huge insight on how to see the world, and my own work and ideas. Being creative and original is something I have struggled with for a long time, but this book has helped me realized that I actually am, I just have to stop being afraid of using ideas from countless people who have inspired me, because I am bound to make them my own. It's also very funny, which helps.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal Like an Artist.