Megan's Reviews > Life Cycle

Life Cycle by Zoe Winters

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: bad-boys, strong-female-lead, paranormal-supernatural-fantasy, love-love-love
Read from August 11 to 12, 2012

I picked up 'Life Cycle' and finished it in one sitting. I just adore the preterverse and as with all the other books in the series, 'Life Cycle' is extremely well written and easy to read. This book focuses on one of my favorite characters - Cain, and a witch - Tam. I loved the sexual tension and constant battle of wills between these two. The chemistry between them was always sizzling hot, though I personally would have liked to see a little more steam. Maybe I just have a smutty little mind - I'm okay with that:). I also enjoyed the character arc with Cain - will he allow himself to love and be loved or not? If so, what does that mean for him? For his dimension? Does it change who he is? Oh, the agony of being a hotter than hot, bad-ass demon!

Another reviewer commented that she didn't feel the stakes were high enough and I have to agree. I didn't completely buy into the severity of the threat caused by Jack's actions. I also would have loved to see the scenes at the end between Tam and Jack drawn out a bit more to amp up my anxiety level. The final decisions between Cain and Tam felt a little rushed. Ultimately, the ending was satisfying but it felt a bit anti-climactic after all the build-up throughout the story.

Finally, I was glad to see Fr. Hadrian again, even though I thought he was an absolute idiot in this book. I can't wait to see what happens with him in the future. I think the next book focuses on his story. I hope it's as juicy as all the other books in the series!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Cycle.