Kelley's Reviews > Columbine

Columbine by Dave Cullen

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012

One of my favorite non-fiction books of all time. easily. I picked up this book because, as a high school teacher, I think it's really important to read about Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold, learn what psychologists have discovered since Columbine, and make sure it never happens again. I learned so much from this book besides what I had originally picked it up for. The author, Dave Cullen, does a phenomenal job of weaving testimony from students, parents of students injured & killed, the wife of the teacher who was also killed, along with the historical background and psychological breakdown of two young boys who decided along the way not only to exit the human race, but take others with them. I found many of the details riveting mainly because a lot of the facts were kept from the popular media as well stunned to learn about the mistakes and miscues many people made both that day & in the years to come. This a must-read for anyone who remembers that day in April of 1999 and for those who need to learn about it. Brilliant.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Columbine.