Chamera's Reviews > Before

Before by Cambria Hebert

Jul 03, 12

Read in July, 2012

Before by Cambria Hebert was a nice and tempting short read. I liked it and the ending definitely tempted me to look more into Masquerade, the full length novel this pre-quel (well, teaser) was based on.

Though, I liked it, I gave it merely three stars because it was a bit vague, all around, especially in regards to Sam's life. Also, Heven seems like the stereotyical bubble-headed and beautiful blond but that may be remedied after reading Masquerade.

My ultimate hope is that the actual novel, Masquerade will shed light onto the true Heven. I'm also hoping that it's not one of those novels where the male protagonist flails over the female for no reason, as this short story seems to elude. All in all, I do have hope for this series, and I definitely plan on reading it.

My ultimate view on this short story: It shows the potential of a really good future for it's series, and it's a good read for a really short story.

I'd recommend giving it a read. It shouldn't take most people even ten minutes to read.

(Mini- review for Mera's YA Book List)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before.