Wendy Darling's Reviews > The Blessed

The Blessed by Tonya Hurley

Jan 09, 2013

bookshelves: ss, 2012-publication, september, young-adult, own-dtb-tbr, dnf

DNF After 50 pages, I still don't have a clue who anyone is or what is going on. But the real problem is, I don't really care, either.
25 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blessed.

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam I'm having that problem now. I'm on page 57 and I want to burn this.

message 2: by G.C. Nash (new)

G.C. Nash Good to know. Sigh.

Gina (My Precious Blog) Well shoot, this one sounded like something very different. Guess not! The Cover sure creeps me out!

Desiree Uhoh, I won this from First Reads. I hope that I enjoy it more than you did!

message 5: by Katie (last edited Oct 16, 2012 04:19PM) (new) - added it

Katie Reading it and experiencing the same things.

DNF

message 6: by Sesana (new)

Sesana I was afraid of exactly this when reading the summary. Sigh.

YA Reads Book Reviews I'm on page 85. I agree, man...this book is so confusing. I have no idea what's going on or where this book is going.

message 8: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel I finished it - but whilst I found it an interesting and original concept, the writing style was not to my taste. Very over used and flowery adjectives made me laugh out loud at times - but maybe that is because I am not the age the book is aimed at. I,m glad I stuck with it, it did get better in the end, but there is alot of ecclesiastical references, which you'll need a dictionary to understand, if you're not a catholic church goer. As for the characters I am not sure if I like them or cared about them either but it was a great concept - different from all the Dystopian Angel books out there, just a shame it didn't live up to what it could have been for me.

message 9: by Isabel (new) - added it

Isabel I'm a Catholic church goer and I still had to mark it DNF. For me there was way too much angst which made no sense and I just couldn't muster up a reason as to why I should keep torturing myself. So sad because I love the cover! And I have loved the author's previous work. Maybe next time.