George Scully's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favoirites
Read in June, 2012

Old friends new adventures in a story within a story within a story. Sai King brought the Ka-tet back together for a tale that fits right between “Wizard and Glass” (book IV) and “Wolves of the Calla” (book V).

I am not going to spoil anything save to say that if you have enjoyed the epic that the Dark Tower really is then this needs to move to the top of your reading list. This is not ‘retirement’ King; this is King using his powers at full throttle, and it is a great read. He “has not forgotten the face of his father.” King uses some wonderful devices here with a trinity of nesting stories that introduce some new legends that will have you begging for more. Also, if you are rusty with your Low and High Speech from the other seven novels, don’t fret; it will all come back to you, Thankee Sai.

“The world has moved on” but fortunately Roland’s Ka-tet has returned for another round in the chamber. I can only hope that Sai King has other tales waiting to be told along the path of the Beam. Ye know as well as I, Gunslinger, “There will be water if God wills it.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.