Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > South by Southeast

bookshelves: read-on-kindle, african-american-read
Recommended to Kimberly by: Amazon Kindle
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from September 22 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I am so bummed that I read this book entirely way too fast, but it was that damn good! OMG, I don't know where to start. I've waited a few months for this latest in the Tennyson Hardwick series to come out, and boy am I proud to say I was NOT disappointed in the least.

My main man, Tennyson, went through some sh*t in this book. I felt every bump and bruise along the way. The characters in this book are so real to me, I want to know why the hell the movies haven't come out yet starring Blair Underwood himself? But anyways, Ten, for the umpteenth time, had vowed never to return to the private dick life, but he should have known that wasn't going to last.

Since bringing home safely, the movie starlet, Sofia Maitlin's, adoptive daughter in the 3rd book of the series, that brought with it a great deal of notoriety, so when movie Director extraordinare, Gustavo Escobar, asks Ten to star in his latest masterpiece, how could Ten turn that down?

The movie was filmed on location in Miami, Florida and Ten decided to bring his family down to enjoy the sun and fun, while he worked. Even though this horror film wasn't Ten's ideal movie role, he did it anyway. While in makeup, his daughter comes to the set and Ten introduces her to the cast and the Director Escobar, who was quite smitten with young Chela. While Chela goes to the sidelines to watch her dad act, an old friend of hers comes to the shooting and a happy reunion is brought forth.

Unfortunately, that reunion is short lived when less than 24 hours later, Chela's old friend turns up dead found by the docks. An apparent suicide drowning--but wait, how could that be because Maria was terrified of the water.

Needless to say, as much as Ten tried his best to convince his baby girl that the police could handle it and this was pretty much a done deal, Chela wasn't havin' none of that. So Ten, once again, had to break his vow and go undercover to find out what happened to his daughter's friend. And the book just takes off from there.

Action! Action! Action! I was glued to the pages and had to go back and re-read because I was reading so fast to keep up with that drama unfolding. This was an AWESOME book! If you haven't read the other three books, you really need to because there are a lot of things you will not understand in this book.

GO BLAIR! You Da Man! I want to see movies of these books and real soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read South by Southeast.