Hayden's Reviews > How to Ditch Your Fairy

How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier

92056
Oct 23, 08

bookshelves: teen, sci-fi, fantasy, humor, chick-lit

I quite didn't finish this one before I passed it off to an interested teen, but I was really enjoying it. I look forward to getting it back.

Charlie lives in a slightly futuristic America/Australia, where everyone has a fairy. You might get an awesome fairy, such as the all-boys-will-like-you fairy or the clothes-will-look-great-on-you fairy. Or like Charlie, you might get stuck with a crap fairy, like the every-car-you're-in-will-find-a-great-parking-spot fairy. As a 14-year-old who can't even drive, Charlie is anxious to upgrade to a better fairy model, so she walks everywhere in hopes of making her fairy so bored that it will just leave.

Good, frothy fun.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Ditch Your Fairy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carmine (new)

Carmine Hmmm, the all-boys-will-like-you fairy sounds like a crap fairy to me (seriously, would you REALLY want *all* boys to like you..no way)...I'd stick with the good parking fairy. Is this an epiphany the character comes to at the end of the book. ha ha ha. Sounds like a funny read.

Hayden Hee hee--good point, Carmine. Having ALL the people of the opposite sex magically like you definitely never works out well on Buffy. But it's a pretty easy sell to 14-year-olds. :)