Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

This was my first book love, and will probably continue to be the greatest as well. I have re-read it more then any other book combined most likely. The charming and lovable Anne Shirley is one of the most captivating and original characters in literature. The world L.M. Montgomery created on Prince Edward Island is without equal: every single character in this series is beautiful and original (yes, even Josie Pye and Charlie Sloan).

Also, I have spent my entire life pining after Gilbert Blythe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables.

Quotes Allison (The Allure of Books) Liked

L.M. Montgomery
“Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?But am I talking too much? People are always telling me I do. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so I'll stop. I can STOP when I make up my mind to it, although it's difficult.”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val My Aunt read this aloud to my sister and me when we were very young (I was 4 and my sister 6). I just loved it. My mother reread it to us and then I read it many times. The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Co) movie was excellent and perfectly cast!