Billy Candelaria's Reviews > The Remains of the Day

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

Jul 03, 12

This is Ishiguro's Third novel and,yours truly, first time reading him. The story is told from a first point of view. The centerpiece of our story is MR Stevens, your typical British gentleman butler, working previously under a Lord Darlington and currently under Mr Farraday. His recent employer told to get some time off.This gives him a chance to visit his own colleague, Miss Kenton; now know as Mrs Benn. throughout that journey, memories erupted , prespectives reviewed and long cherish time remains open-ended with what ifs; poignant captivating on Stevens, who gradually questions and reflects how his life has passed. topics like "dignity", social constraints and love-relationship issues abounds this book. qualified to talked around and discuss by a group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Remains of the Day.

Quotes Billy Liked

Kazuo Ishiguro
“What is the point of worrying oneself too much about what one could or could not have done to control the course one's life took? Surely it is enough that the likes of you and I at least try to make our small contribution count for something true and worthy. And if some of us are prepared to sacrifice much in life in order to pursue such aspirations, surely that in itself, whatever the outcome, cause for pride and contentment.”
Kazuo Ishiguro, The Remains of the Day