Tevia's Reviews > Lamentation

Lamentation by Ken Scholes

Jul 08, 12

Read from July 02 to 08, 2012

This book had a lot of potential to be a great story, but the author just didn't cut it. I don't know (cuz i didn't research or care much) if this was his first book or not, but whoever his editor was, they sucked. There were so many words missing and just bad editing.

Anyhow, this is a story about a city that gets completely decimated by a spoken word. The story is basically about the people that have to then deal with the aftermath of the destroyed city, which wiped out basically a whole group of people from their lives. They were a group of religious type guys that looked to the past to protect the future, in a sense.

There are different sectors of people throughout the land and on group is pulling the strings to direct the lives and decisions of all the others so that the most optimal situation for the future can be realized.

Like I said, it had some potential, but got lost along the way somehow. I never really connected with or cared much about any of the characters either.

anyhow, wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, and the only reason i picked it up was because it was in my bookshelf and i hadn't read it and i needed a book to read before going to the Westin.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamentation.