Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > In the Night of the Heat

bookshelves: read-on-kindle, african-american-read
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from July 02 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

All I can say is wow!!! The characters you first meet in Casanegra advance ever further In the Night of the Heat, a spin on the movie title, In the Heat of the Night.

Tennyson Hardwick honed his skills after finding out who killed his good friend, Afrodite. However, he's still a little wet behind the ears as a private dick (no pun intended). His naïveté always lands him in hot water, and I hope on his next adventure, which I'm about to read soon, he's learned how to lay low before the bad guys get a hold of him, but then again, that's a part of Ten's charm.

When T.D. Jackson, a famous NFL football player, begs Ten to be his bodyguard, Ten declines--after all, he has a beautiful face and acting career and why should he give up his own dreams? Unfortunately, some things go awry with his character in "Homeland" and soon after discovers T.D is dead. Uh-oh, what's a brotha to do? Find out who killed this athlete. As he embarks on this murderous case, what he learns is jaw-dropping. This case takes him completely out in left field, literally.

What you think is happening, turns out to be something completely different and as he interviews characters to get to the truth, the reader will feel Tennyson's pain! The ending will blow your mind away! I couldn't put this book down. Outstanding read and loved the ending. Will be reading the third installment soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Night of the Heat.